About LTC 2018
Library Technology Conclave (LTC 2018) is a continuation of Koha Conclave instituted by Informatics in 2016 as an annual event. The first Koha Conclave was held in Bangalore in February 2016. The second was held in Pune in partnership with the Information Resource Centre - TCS, Pune. At this second Conclave it was decided to rename the conclave with expanded scope as Library Technology Conclave (LTC), to be held annually in partnership with a leading library & Information Centre.
Library is an ever evolving social institution constantly driven by technologies of the day. Information resources & services provided by the library and devices used by the library users are products of technology. The method of usage - search, browse, study, share, cite, analyse, measure and personalize – involves using many sophisticated technologies.
Investment in technologies suffers high risk of obsolescence. Hence, intelligent selection, implementation and usage of technology are always professional challenges for librarianship as the technologies change too fast to adapt and experience.
LTC 2018 is designed to focus on technologies behind the functions and services of libraries of today & tomorrow.
LTC 2018 will be held as jointly organized event by Goa University Library, Panaji, Goa and Informatics Group, Bangalore
LTC will act as an annual meeting and collaboration platform, for the professionals and researchers in academia and the industry, from Library & Information Science and related technology domains, to learn, discuss and understand the impact of technology on information and knowledge management functions in libraries and institutions.
- Advanced Koha Workshop - By Katrin Fischer PDF Download
- Analytics for Libraries - By Anand Byrappa PDF Download
- Becoming a part of the global global Koha Community - By Katrin Fischer PDF Download
- Blended MOOCs for Quality at Scale - By Prof. Deepak B Phatak Visit Website
- Coral ERM & Koha - By Chris Cormack Power-Point Presentation
- Current trends and Practices in Library Technologies - By Dr Marshall Breeding Power-Point Presentation
- Link Resolvers & Knowledge Base in Discovery Services - By Soma Sundaresh & Jothy S Power-Point Presentation
- Designing KohaCat - By Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay PDF Download
- Wave Beach HotelLink Resolver and Knowledge Base in Discovery Services - By Jothy S & Soma Sundaresh Power-Point Presentation
- Library Services Platforms - By Dr Marshall Breeding Power-Point Presentation
- National Digital Library of India: Architecture, Tools & Technology - By Dr. Plaban Kumar Bhowmick Power-Point Presentation
- Plagiarism Detection: Products, Services and Technologies - By Jagdish Arora Power-Point Presentation
- Semantics of Search Technologies - By Dr.Kavi Mahesh PDF Download
Preconclave Tutorial / Session-1
Preconclave Tutorial / Session-2
- Conclave Keynote on Library Service Platforms by Mr. Marshall Breeding, USA
- Keynotes by leading technology and library management experts
- Round table on Technology Challenges in LIS Domain
- Case Studies on Technology Implementation Challenges by Libraries
- Informatics Annual Lecture.
- Best Koha Implementation Award.
- Best Library for the Technology Implementation and Usage
Technology Topics in Focus
- Advances in Search Technologies
- Library Management - Challenges of Integrating Print and e-Resources
- RFID Technology
- Usage Analytics for e-Resources
- Remote Access
- Link Resolvers and Knowledge Base
- Plagiarism - Products & Technologies
- MOOCs and e-Learning
Speakers & Profile
Marshall Breeding, the creator and editor of Library Technology Guides (librarytechnology.org), held variety of positions at the Vanderbilt University Libraries in Nashville, TN from 1985 through May 2012, including as Director for Innovative Technologies and Research and as the Executive Director of the Vanderbilt Television News Archive. He is popularly known for his Library Technology Reports (LTR) by ALA and annual Library Systems Reports. He writes a monthly column for Computers in Libraries, is a contributing editor for Smart Libraries Newsletter published by ALA Techsource, has written the Automation System Marketplace feature published in Library Journal for the since 2002. He is on the editorial boards for Information Standards Quarterly published by NISO and Electronic Library. He has edited/authored six books and written over 450 articles, book chapters, columns, or essays.
Breeding was the 2010 recipient of the LITA LITA/Library Hi Tech Award for Outstanding Communication for Continuing Education in Library and Information Science. He is a frequent speaker at library conferences in the United States and through out the world.
Christopher Cormack has a BSc in Computer Science and a BA in Mathematics and Maori Studies. While working for Katipo Communications, he was the lead developer of the original version of Koha, which went live at Horowhenua Library Trust on January 5, 2000. Since then he has served various roles in the community: release manager, QA manager and Translation manager. He is the elected release maintainer for 3.20.x. Christopher currently works for Catalyst IT in Wellington, NZ. Christopher believes in Free Software and allowing users the freedom to innovate.
Katrin Fischer studied library and media management at the Stuttgart Media University and works as an IT Coordinator for Koha at the Library Service Centre Baden-Wurttemberg (BSZ) in Konstanz, Germany. BSZ is a public IT service provider for academic and public libraries, archives and museums; it offers Koha hosting and support as one of its services.
Katrin has served as Quality Assurance Manager for the Koha Community for several years and is currently Release Maintainer 16.11 and part of the Documentation Team.
Introduction of Nedap:
At Nedap we believe that libraries need to maintain their relevance in the society. Libraries are currently experiencing upheaval, due to a generation of young internet users, social changes, pressure on costs, etc. With our Librix portfolio we can help libraries with this quest to eliminate repetitive tasks, reduce costs and improve the level of service. Worldwide Nedap is the only organization which develops and produces a completely integrated RFID solution dedicated to libraries. The N.V. Nederlandsche Apparatenfabriek “Nedap” was established in 1929, has been listed on the stock exchange since 1947 and, with more than 750 employees, is active around the world.
Prof. Deepak B Phatak
Prof. Kavi Mahesh
Dr. Jagdish Arora
Dr. Dilara Begum
Librarian (Acting) at East West University, Dhaka , Bangladesh
Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Dr. Anand Byrappa
Dr. B P Prakash
Dr. H S Siddamalliah
Dr. Neeti Saxena
Dr. Plaban Kumar Bhowmick
Nominations are invited from all Libraries in India for the following awards:
- The Best Koha Library Award
- The Best Technology Enabled Library Award
Two independent teams of Juries of international repute will select the award winners. Evaluation criteria and nomination forms may be downloaded here.
- Nomination forms for The Best Koha Library Award
- Nomination forms for The Best Technology Enabled Library Award
The duly filled nomination form(s) should to be emailed to Dr. I. R. N. Goudar, the Program Chair, to his email email@example.com on or before January 8, 2018.
Program OutlineClick here to download detailed program schedule
23.01.2018Day - 110:00 - 17:00 Hrs - Pre-Conclave Tutorials
17:30 - 19:00 Hrs - Inaugural Session
24.01.2018Day - 2Conclave Keynote - 09:30 - 10:30 Hrs
Technical Sessions 1 - 11:00 - 13:15 Hrs
Technical Sessions 2 - 14:15 - 15:15 Hrs
Case Studies - 15:45 - 17:30 Hrs
15th Annual Lecture on Informatics - 18:00 - 19:30 Hrs
25.01.2018Day - 3Technical Session -3 - 09:30 - 11:15 Hrs
Technical Session -4 - 11:45 - 13:00 Hrs
Round Table Discussion - 14:00 - 16:00 Hrs
Concluding Session - 16:30 - 17:00 Hrs
January is tourist season in Goa and it is better to book your accommodation well in advance to avail better rates. Limited number of accommodation is available in Goa University Guest House on a first-come-first-serve basis. Kindly contact Dr. Gopakumar University Librarian, Goa University - firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding availability and payment details. The hotel tariff varies anywhere between INR 2500 to INR 10000 per night. Few of the hotels in the vicinity of the conference venue are:
- L'Hotel Eden Visit Website
- Wave Beach Hotel Visit Website
- Hotel Menino Regency Visit Website
- Pastina Beach Resort Visit Website
- Hotel Miramar Visit Website
- Hotel Campal Visit Website
Weather - The average temperature in Goa during January goes up to 31°C during daytime and will be around 20°C at night.
Prof. Varun Sahni
Goa University, Goa
Prof. Y. V. Reddy
Goa University, Goa
Conclave Chair -
Mr. N V Sathyanarayana
Informatics India Limited
Program Chair -
Dr. IRN Goudar
Former Visiting Professor Cum Library Adviser,
Bangalore University Library, Bangalore
Organizing Chair -
Dr. V Gopakumar
Goa University, Goa